- Students should arrive 5 minutes prior to their scheduled class time.
- Please email the studio if the student will be absent or significantly late to class.
- Students may make up a missed class in another class, but we strongly encourage students to make every effort to attend their regularly scheduled class. Email or call to schedule a make-up class. Make-ups are not permitted during the final week of each semester, and they must be scheduled in the semester in which the absence occurs.
- In the event of inclement weather, we will close when Philadelphia public schools close. There will be a message on the voicemail and the website when classes are cancelled.
- If an instructor is unable to teach a class, we find a qualified substitute. If under some extreme circumstance we cannot find a substitute, we will cancel class and schedule a make-up class.
- If a holiday or snow day falls on your scheduled day, you may make up the class with the same or similar level on a different day. Tuition will not be prorated or refunded, even if you are unable to make up the class.
- Private lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time; otherwise full payment is due.
- School year tuition payments are due twice a year, on September 15 and January 15.
- Summer tuition: $50 deposit due at time of enrollment, balance due on first day of the program.
- There is a late payment fee of $15 and a returned check fee of $20.
- The $25 annual fee is non-refundable.
- Sale of all leotards, costumes, and dancewear is final.
- Tuition is 75% refundable after the first class, 50% refundable after the second class, and non-refundable after the third class.
This policy applies to all classes including Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet, regardless of changes in nap times, moving, time conflict, etc. We will try to accommodate schedule changes if there is space available in another class.
- Please talk quietly in the reception area and hallways.
- Please keep doors to studios closed.
- Please keep all strollers, scooters, and belongings away from the elevator and all doors.
- Please refrain from running in the studios or hallways.
- Please do not place coffee or other drinks on the carpet.
- Please use observation windows sparingly so that students do not get distracted.
- Hair Neatly Secured: Hair must be secured away from the face – in a ballet bun or similar style for all students in Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, and Ballet, and a bun or ponytail for Theater Dance and Contemporary Dance. If hair is too short for a bun, please wear a headband to secure hair away from face. Make-a-Bun kits are for sale at the front desk for $3. Each kit contains 2 hair ties, 15 hair pins, and 1 hair net. We unfortunately cannot lend hair supplies. We did, however, find a make-a-bun online tutorial. And one specifically for shorter hair.
- No Accessories: No jewelry, watches, skirts, tutus, legwarmers, or warm-ups. Skirts are permitted for Pointe class only.
- Attire: Students must follow the appropriate dress code for each level:
|Creative Movement||white leotard (optional: white socks with pink ballet slippers)|
|Pre-Ballet 1 & 2||white leotard, white socks, pink ballet slippers (footed pink tights required for Annual Spring Showcase)|
|Ballet 1/1X||powder blue leotard, footed pink tights, pink ballet slippers|
|Ballet 2/2X||royal blue leotard, footed pink tights, pink ballet slippers|
|Ballet 3/3X||lavender or lilac leotard, footed pink tights, pink ballet slippers|
|Ballet 4/4X||purple leotard, footed or convertible pink tights, pink split-sole ballet slippers|
|Ballet 5/5X||turquoise leotard, footed or convertible pink tights, pink split-sole ballet slippers|
|Ballet 6||black leotard, footed or convertible pink tights, pink split-sole ballet slippers|
|Pointe||current level attire plus pointe shoes (solid color skirt optional)|
|Theater Dance||black leotard/tank OR ballet level leotard OR Philadelphia Dance Academy tank/tee, footed tan tights OR black jazz pants/leggings, TAN jazz shoes (footed tan tights required for Annual Spring Showcase)|
|Contemporary Dance||solid color leotard/tank OR Philadelphia Dance Academy tank/tee, convertible tights OR leggings, bare feet|
|Boys||white tee shirt, black pants, white socks, white or black ballet slippers (black tights and black slippers for boys in Pre-Professional program; black jazz shoes for Theater Dance; tights and slippers in other colors might be required for Nutcracker or Annual Spring Showcase)|