- Students should arrive 5 minutes prior to their scheduled class time.
- Please email the studio if the student will be absent or significantly late to class.
- If students arrive more than 10 minutes late for class, for safety reasons, they may be asked to observe class. The beginning of class is essential for proper warm up and organization of the body.
- Please pick up students promptly after class.
- Students may make up a missed class in another class, but we strongly encourage students to make every effort to attend their regularly scheduled class. Email or call to schedule a make-up class.
- Students may not be able to participate in the Spring Showcase if they have excessive absences; greater than 20%.
PLEASE CONSULT THE FOLLOWING CDC GUIDE FOR ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE GUIDELINES FOR COVID EXPOSURES AND INFECTION:
To protect our children and staff, families need to keep their child(ren) or themselves at home if he/she has:
– Fever (a temperature of 100.4 or more)
– Sore throat
– Muscle pain
– New loss of taste or smell
- In the event of closure or quarantine, classes will transition to a virtual format for the duration of the closure. Tuition is non-refundable.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Old City location will follow the School District of Philadelphia for weather related closures. The Ardmore location will follow the Lower Merion School District for weather related closures. There will be a message on the voicemail and the website when classes are cancelled.
- If an instructor is unable to teach a class, we find a qualified substitute. If under some extreme circumstance we cannot find a substitute, we will cancel class and schedule a make-up class.
- If a holiday or snow day falls on your scheduled day, you may make up the class with the same or similar level on a different day. Tuition will not be prorated or refunded, even if you are unable to make up the class.
- Private lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time; otherwise full payment is due.
- School year tuition installments are automatically charged twice a year, on August 15 and January 15. The credit card on file will be AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED unless payment has been made before due date. Tuition in non-refundable.
- Summer tuition: $50 deposit due at time of enrollment, remaining balance AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED two weeks prior to the start of the program.
- There is a weekly late payment fee of $25 and a returned check fee of $20.
- The $25 annual registration fee is non-refundable and automatically charged, per family, at the time of enrollment for an academic school year class.
- Sale of all leotards, costumes, and dancewear is final.
This refund policy applies to all classes including Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet, regardless of changes in nap times, moving, time conflict, etc. We will try to accommodate schedule changes if there is space available in another class.
- Please talk quietly in the reception area and hallways.
- Please keep all strollers, scooters, and belongings away from the elevator and all doors.
- Please refrain from running in the studios or hallways.
- Please no food or drink other than water in the studios.
- Please use observation windows sparingly so that students do not get distracted.
- Hair Neatly Secured: Hair must be secured away from the face – in a ballet bun or similar style for all students in Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, and Ballet, and a bun or ponytail for Theater Dance and Contemporary Dance. If hair is too short for a bun, please wear a headband to secure hair away from face. Make-a-Bun kits are for sale at the front desk for $3. Each kit contains 2 hair ties, 15 hair pins, and 1 hair net. We unfortunately cannot lend hair supplies. We did, however, find a make-a-bun online tutorial. And one specifically for shorter hair.
- No Accessories: No jewelry, watches, skirts, tutus, legwarmers, or warm-ups. Skirts are permitted for Pointe class only.
- Attire: Attire: All female students in Ballet 1 and higher are required to wear pink tights and pink ballet slippers and/or pointe shoes OR tights and shoes to match as close to the student’s natural skin tone as possible. This will prevent a break in the visual “line,” from the top of their head to the tip of their toes. Students must follow the appropriate dress code for each level:
|Dance Together – Toddler/Caregiver||white leotard (optional: white socks with ballet slippers); Caregiver-comfortable clothes, socks|
|Creative Movement||white leotard (optional: white socks with pink or flesh toned ballet slippers)|
|Pre-Ballet 1 & 2||white leotard, white socks, ballet slippers (footed tights required for Annual Spring Showcase)|
|Ballet 1/1X||powder blue leotard, footed tights, and ballet slippers|
|Ballet 2/2X||royal blue leotard, footed tights, and ballet slippers|
|Ballet 3/3X||lavender or lilac leotard, footed or convertible tights, and ballet slippers|
|Ballet 4/4X||purple leotard (not eggplant/burgundy), footed or convertible tights and split-sole ballet slippers|
|Ballet 5/5X||turquoise leotard, footed or convertible tights and split-sole ballet slippers|
|Ballet 6/6X||black leotard, footed or convertible tights and split-sole ballet slippers|
|Ballet 7||black leotard, footed or convertible tights and split-sole ballet slippers|
|Pointe||current level attire plus pink or flesh toned pointe shoes (skirt optional)|
|Theater Dance||black leotard/tank OR ballet level leotard OR Philadelphia Dance Academy tank/tee, footed tan tights OR black jazz pants/leggings, TAN jazz shoes (footed tan tights required for Annual Spring Showcase)|
|Contemporary Dance||solid color leotard/tank OR Philadelphia Dance Academy tank/tee. Convertible tights OR leggings required. No bare legs. Bare feet.|
|Boys||white tee shirt, black pants, white socks, white or black ballet slippers (black tights and black slippers for boys in Pre-Professional program; black jazz shoes for Theater Dance; tights and slippers in other colors might be required for Nutcracker or Annual Spring Showcase)|
|Teen Intermediate Ballet||solid color leotard/tank OR Philadelphia Dance Academy tank/tee. Tights OR leggings required. Ballet shoes are required. Skirts are optional. Hair should be in a ballet bun or similar style.|
|Adult/Teen Ballet||There is no required dress code for Adult Classes. We recommend a leotard and tights or form-fitting activewear. Ballet shoes are required. We strongly recommend securing the hair away from the face in a bun or similar style.|