- Students should arrive 5 minutes prior to their scheduled class time.
- Please call the studio if the student will be absent or significantly late to class. The student may make up a missed class in another class/level. Please talk to the Director or the Program Manager before scheduling a make-up class to ensure that the level is appropriate.
- If Philadelphia public schools are closed due to inclement weather, The Philadelphia Dance Academy will also be closed. There will also be a message on the voicemail and the website when classes are cancelled.
- If an instructor is unable to teach a class, a qualified substitute will take her/his place. If under some extreme circumstance, a substitute cannot be found, class will be cancelled and a make-up class will be scheduled.
- Private lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time, otherwise full payment will be due.
- If a holiday or snow day should fall on your scheduled day, you may make up the class with the same or similar level on a different day. Tuition will not be prorated or refunded.
- Payment is due the week before each semester begins.
- There is a late payment fee of $15.
- The $25 annual registration fee is non-refundable.
- The returned-check fee is $20.
- Sale of all leotards, costumes, and dancewear is final.
- Tuition after the first class is 75% refundable, after the second class 50% refundable, and is non-refundable after the third class.
This policy applies to all classes including Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet, regardless of changes in nap times, moving, time conflict, etc. We will try to accommodate schedule changes if there is space available in another class.
- Please talk quietly in the reception area and hallways so as not to disturb students taking class.
- Please keep doors to studios closed.
- Please keep all strollers, scooters, and belongings away from the elevator and bathroom doors.
- We cannot allow running in the studios or hallways.
- Hair Neatly Secured: Hair should be secured away from the face in a ballet bun or similar style for all students in Pre-Ballet and Ballet. If hair is too short for a bun, please wear a headband to secure hair away from face. Make-a-Bun kits are for sale at the front desk for $3. Each kit contains 2 hair ties, 15 hair pins, and 1 hair net. We unfortunately cannot lend hair supplies.
- No Accessories: No jewelry, watches, skirts, tutus, legwarmers, or warm-ups. Skirts are permitted for Pointe and Variations class only.
- Attire: Students must follow the appropriate dress code for each level:
|Creative Movement||white leotard, white socks, pink ballet slippers (optional)|
|Pre-Ballet I/II||white leotard, white socks, pink ballet slippers|
|Ballet I||powder blue leotard, footed pink tights, pink ballet slippers|
|Ballet II||royal blue leotard, footed pink tights, pink ballet slippers|
|Ballet IIIA||lavender or lilac leotard, footed pink tights, pink ballet slippers|
|Ballet IIIB||purple leotard, white socks or footed pink tights,
pink split-sole ballet slippers
|Ballet IV/V||black leotard, footed or convertible pink tights w/seams,
pink split-sole ballet slippers
|Pointe||current level attire plus pointe shoes (solid color sheer skirt optional)|
|Theater Dance||black leotard or tank or Philadelphia Dance Academy tank/tee,
black or tan tights or jazz pants, TAN jazz shoes
|Boys||white tee shirt, black tights/pants, black or white ballet slippers|